Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 9:36 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: down to crunch time: getting the '82 Imp through smog

This is a little lenghty (seems like they always are), please bear with
me....

Well, it's down to crunch time. In order to get my new Imperial properly
registered in WA state I have to pass the dreaded smog test.  For those
others who live in Seattle, WA they know like California, regulations are
strict in the counties surrounding the city.  Not quite as bad, but strict
nontheless. Over the weekend, with crossed fingers, I decided to give it a
go.  As expected, the Imperial failed with flying colors. Here's the
kicker: in seven months, the car will be 25 years old and reclassified as a
Collector Automobile.  As such a car, it will be EXEMPT from meeting smog
standards. Because I just purchased the car, by state law I am required to
pass the smog test before the state transfers legal ownership. And I have
only 15 days to transfer ownership or I get fined or somesuch. So basically
I now have 7 days left to get the car smog-legal and transfer ownership.

Nat Hall
1982 Imperial Coupe