IML: Budd rotors for 67 and 68 - where my money went

IML: Budd rotors for 67 and 68 - where my money went

I picked a bad time to post that I would not be buying rotors.

It has nothing to do with the source, or the cost, except as it affects my
car budget.

That money went instead into a 67 coupe with the Mobile Director option.  I
mentioned the car about three months ago.  This week is spring break for me,
and I had opportunity to look the car over much more carefully.
Unfortunately, engine and transmission are gone, and windshield is ruined.
Otherwise, it is complete, straight, and would clean enough to be considered
a decent driver.  Well, at least a coaster.  The car has Auto Pilot, signal
seeking AM/FM, and the autodimmer.  Power door locks and windows, including
vents.  Tilt/telescope.  It is very, very straight, and chrome is decent.
Actually, soap, Clorox, soap, and eventually some wax would be adequate for
most of the car.  The wood is in decent shape, and the table is still very
good.  I noticed the blockoff plate laying in the floor.  Dash is intact,
and appeared perfect, though I might have missed something.  Passenger seat
rotates nicely.  The back feels wrong, but that will be fixable.

I'll be trailering the car home Saturday if all goes well.  Though all the
photos will be "before" shots, I'll try to get some for the website.

Now, I have to find a 67 or 68 parts Imperial within driving distance.  The
owner of this car had a 68, but engine and transmission were gone,
windshield was cracked, and the interior was thoroughly trashed.

I do hope the rotor project will go, and others won't bail as I had to.

Michael
67 Crown coupe
68 Crown 4 door