IML: Exhaust manifold dressing - GREAT PRODUCT!!

Since this topic has come up, I am re-posting a message from a couple of years ago from Greg McDonnell regarding a good product for exhaust manifolds (thanks Greg!!!) . . . . .

Greg and Russell <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Greg and Russell" <65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: IML: Exhaust manifold dressing - GREAT PRODUCT!!
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 17:07:45 -0600

Hi everyone!

I want to pass on the name of a great product I have been using to restore my exhaust manifolds.  It is called Calyx and is produced in Cincinnati, OH.  It is simple to apply (I use a toothbrush) and it is not necessary to remove the manifolds.  I have used it on several of my restoration projects and most recently on the manifolds from my '63 Limited Edition Thunderbird Landau.  Basically you must get the manifolds clean and as rust free as possible (easier if they are off the engine and can be cleaned in a blasting cabinet but is not necessary).  Once this is done, just apply the product (a charcoal colored paste, NOT a paint) to the manifolds.  As the instructions say:  "A little goes a long way".  After Calyx has been worked into the pores of the iron and evenly distributed over the manifolds, just start the engine and let the manifolds heat up.  The product 'cooks' into the iron and gives them a beautiful cast iron gray color.  It lasts and lasts for years too!  I have used so little of this product, I can refinish many more manifolds (hmmm, good reason to go car hunting for others on my 'want list' LOL!) with what is left.  A little does indeed go a long way!  The cost:  a 'whopping $13.95 (plus shipping).  Not only do the manifolds look incredible but no more rust too as it removes the rust as you apply it.  This is a great product and I thought everyone on the List should know about it.  The website for the company is www.calyxmanifold.com.  Check it out!

Greg McDonnell
'65 Crown convertible

Imperial Power Window Switch Repair

Books About Imperials -- History & Repair

My Collection of Imperials
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1967 Chrysler Newport Custom Sedan
1970 Imperial LeBaron