RE: IML: Rust Removal was Glass Polish

"A. Foster" <monkeypuzzle1@xxxxxxx wrote:

"There is no doubt that vinegar will strip rust, I have used it for many years in that fashion. If you want to strip fast, muriatic acid works good as well, it strips rust in minutes instead of days. One thing that I have not tried is striping rust electrolytically using a lye solution and a DC current. Apparently this will strip rust from folded joints as well as stripping paint and grease."

I have heard of vinegar and the lye/battery charger rust removals. I have a how-to write-up from the MML if anybody is interested. Somebody on the MML is using a molasses bath. Anybody on here every hear of this?

Rob