From: randalpark@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: power steering problem
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:33:32 -0500

Could it be that your front brakes are grabbing?

Paul W.

My 72 has never steered as well as I would expect. It has always liked to turn left as opposed to right. Yet front wheels off ground and engine running nothing moves.My 70 Newport steers very nicely compared to the Imperial. Anyway I just resealed the power steering pump due to a leak and it was functioning fine. But driving down the highway this morning the car felt like it was pulling to the left. Letting go of the steering wheel resulted in the car sharply veering to the left. I tried this twice and then it started behaving "normally" again. Take hands off wheel and it tracks straight. I had not played with the steering box at all.I am thinking the servo valve was sticking. So the box will come apart next week.

R. Giesbrecht
72 Imperial