IML: It was the carb!!!!!!

   First of all I want to thank everyone for their advice regarding my fire breathing carb that wouldn't start after I replaced the base gasket and the plug wires. I have to thank my brother-in-law who suggested switching carbs to see if it was the carb and it is. Keep in mind that I rebuilt my carb (holley) and it still didn't run right and I guess it finally gave up. One more thing I want to mention (holley fans will appreciate this) the carb that my brother-in-law loaned to me had been sitting around his garage for some time and my Imperial fired right up!!!! Better than it ever did! It also idled great ( a little high though ) with no off-idle stumble! And its 34 degrees out here in North East Maryland!
    Now, I wonder how much he's selling this carb for?..............

So excited, I wet my pants,
Keith