Re: IML: 69 Imperial badging

I can't speak about 2 door 69s since they're so rare that I can't remember
seeing one in person.  I'm quite familiar with the 4DHT, though, having
examined a 10k mile example carefully some years back.  I'd say that John S
is correct: the 4 doors had "Imperial" script on the front fender and the
Imperial eagle on the c-pillar.  The "LeBaron" script appears only on the
trunk lid.  For 70 the eagle emblem moved to the front fender, the "LeBaron"
script moved to the c-pillar, and Imperial is spelled out in separate letter
that bolt to the rear bumper.  The badging changed again for 1971, making
all three fuselage years badging unique.

The eccentric original owner of the 10k mile 69 was, apparently, unsatisfied
with the badging of his LeBaron and he added a "LeBaron" emblem to each
c-pillar.

Can anyone identify the source of this emblem?

http://bos-engel.com/imperial/pc230085.jpg

Pete in PA
Too many cars, too little time