IML: Headlight problem on my 1955

A while back I sent a question to the list about the root cause of my headlights going off and on from the breaker.  A logical answer was a short in the dimmer switch which I got from a couple of members.  I have replaced my dimmer switch with a NOS switch and I still have the problem.  What else should I check in order to solve this problem?

Don Dickinson
Prospect, KY

1955 Imperial Newport, Canyon Tan and Desert Sand
1967 Imperial Custom Convertible, Ivory and Burgundy