Re: IML: 440 vs 413 swap

Mark..

This is exactly the reverse of the swap that is in my 62. If you are removing the 440 and installing the 413, then you need only to remove the accessories from the engine being removed and install them on the engine being installed. The bellhousing bolt pattern is the same on each block, the location of the motor mounts on the blocks are the same, the external dimensions and mounting locations for all the external items that bolt to the engines are the same. The only tell tale between the two are the number of valve cover bolts - 4 vs 6 , and even that is not always the case if the heads on the 440 have been swapped to the early 4 bolt style. The transmission wont know the difference either, as far as that goes.

Feel free to email me privately if you need more info.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe