Re: IML: 1967 1 of 19

--- Jason Beinbrech <jmbeinbrech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I understand your doubtfullness, but, since he was
> talking about Le Barons as opposed to Crowns, as to
> the low production numbers of the Le Baron

So if only 19 of the 2194 LeBarons came with dual air
in 1967, that would be only ~0.866%.  Considering that
95.1% of all '67 Imperials had air conditioning
(statistic found in the Standard Catalog of Chrysler,
which is also not infallable), less than 1% of
LeBarons having dual air is a really wild statistic.

Also considering that as "top of the line" cars, the
LeBarons usually had MORE options than Crowns, I would
expect the percentage of LeBarons with dual air to be
higher.

> So, I'm sure the writer researched the facts to
> print.

Well . . . ever notice how often magazines and
newspapers have to print retractions about supposedly
well-researched "facts" their writers have printed?
;o)

All the above is, of course, speculation on my part.
I'd just like to see something from the factory that
documents this statistic.  I've seen/heard WAY too
many wild "facts" quoted about these cars over the
years that were total fabrications--so it's tough to
swallow this one without questioning it.

Elijah

http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/
http://www.imperialclub.com/~imperial71/bookshelf.htm
1965 Imperial LeBaron