Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:05 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Dual master seeks Brake Proportioning Valve

If one buys an adjustable proportioning valve, how
does one go about calibrating the adjustment so that
the brakes are applied evenly?  My imagination fails.

They sell them, and all the hotrod folks talk about
them, so there must be something to it, but it seems
to me that when you mix/match parts that were
originally designed to be mated with other components,
that you are in unknown territory, mathematically
speaking.

Did the brake assembies come from a vendor or from
under the shade tree?  If they came from a vendor,
what do they have to say about the prudence/correct
adjustment of such a valve?

-Kenyon

--- bom tie <bomtie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am doing a single to dual master switch while I am
> doing the disk conversion and was told that I must
> get a Brake Proportioning Valve that is for a disk
> front/drum rear. Well, I am having trouble.
> Autoparts stores dont have it. So what am I to do???
> Summit has them, but are they what I need or is this
> some race only kind of thing? Here is what summit
> has to say about theirs.
> "A turn of the knob adjusts between 100 and 1,000
> psi, and can reduce pressure by up to 57 percent."
> Thanks,
> Charles Major

> Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

> response will be