Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 8:30 PM
Subject: Re: IML: These brakes!!!!

They are fairly common items(?).  Lowell has used
parts only.  I had trouble getting one for my 1964
(same unit?) and got a rebuild kit.  nice big box but
sorta light.  Opening the package revealed the plunger
seal and the aluminum plunger, as that's all that
"goes bad" that is a soft part.

You should be able to reuse your cast-iron pot, hone
or clean out the bore, and reassemble.

Really early advertisements for the Imperial and other
cars referred to early hydraulic brakes as Hypodermic
Brakes, as that is essentially what they are.

If you fail to find someone that speaks Chrysler near
you (Tried NAPA yet?), call Commons Auto Parts in
South San Francisco, hit 1 and ask for Mike.  You will
have to use google, as my love for my parts man does
not extend to memorizing his phone number.

Tell him you know me and what you need.  He will mail
it to you for a fair price.  He has most stuff on the
shelf or knows who has what you want under their
pillow.

-Kenyon

--- Joe <joestill1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Uggggh.  Just when I thought I had these things
fixed for good....

Anyone have an idea where I can get a master
cylinder for a 1961?

Kenyon:  Weren't you planning a trip to Lowell's
next week or next month?  Would he have one?

Thanks everyone.

--
Joe
Allen, Texas