IML: 63 Crown's: 43rd 'Build-date Celebration'

IML: 63 Crown's: 43rd 'Build-date Celebration'

Our Crown was built on September 6 (1962), so for its 'Build date celebration' last week we did some more engine detailing, I painted the hood hinges  and hood latch a durable Hammerred Silver, as well as the speedo cable and handbrake assembly at the firewall. Only thing left to detail out are the inner fender walls, getting a 'Paint match'.

We also bought some club shirts, magnets, decals and a 1963 Crown license plate frame from the IML gift shop.  I spent -what else- $63-as it semed appropriate!!

There is also a forthcoming Classic and Antique Car Show in Rockville MD in October, and we will have the pleasuer of having the Imperial bring us, and hope to reunite with some of our Imperial List Regionals!

Even though I am Pres. of the Nations Capital Jaguar Owners Club (www.jagnet.com), and the NCJOC is a sponsor of the Rockville Show, my E-Type V-12 is 'in surgery' and so I'll enjoy the day with the Imperial.
Sherman D. Taffel
Columbia MD