IML: 90 IMP key Ingition

Help never seen this befor. was driving today in my 90 IMP, and the Elec system (IE.AC windows, radio, turn-signals all stopped working. them warning lights on dash come on ( IE airbag, ABS brake and so on) then the warning in the overhead console starts sayen crazy stuff like my turn-signal is on, and the key is in the ignition. so i figger i better stop and see what's up. well here the kick in the rubber parts, I can't shut the car off, the key will not turn back(off) just forward to engage starter. and as i sit there she starts to over heat, as the fans are not running. I finely pulled the coil wire to kill the motor. I'm hopping it the ignition key in the column and some wires in it have went south. It use to get very hot on the bottom just behind the wheel.  How's got some ideas,