Re: IML: Crank Windows

We have a website filled with original documentation that supports that in
some years, such as the ?61 Custom that Crownking saw for himself, power
windows were optional on the sub-Crown trim level. Why do we keep doubting?

I recommend taking some time and perusing the various brochures and data
guides online. It's great fun! For the most part, you'll find that Crowns
and LeBarons shared many of the same luxury features and differed mostly in
trim and roofline or rear window treatment. But Customs were usually missing
a number of items (that is, they were extra-cost options).

In 1954, such as Arran's car, the Crown was the top trim level. Power
windows and the radio are indeed listed as an option on both the Crown and
the Custom models. So while power windows and a radio might be extremely
common options, crank windows were not a "delete option," they were simply
standard equipment (and a radio was not). Hard to believe, perhaps, but
evidently true.

A delete option is a standard item that is specially ordered to be omitted,
such as the paint stripes on my '67. Sometimes there was a credit on the
price label for delete options, sometimes no price adjustment was made.

--
Chris in LA
67 Crown (crank vent windows)