RE: IML: In defense of "customs"

The Crown and LeBaron came with the following items in '59 that the Custom
did not come with:
Power Windows
Power Six Way Seat
Vanity Mirror
Left Side Exterior Mirror
Manual Tilt Rear View Mirror
and the center armrest was not available in the Custom.

Most everything else was optional across the whole vehicle line but you are
more likely to find a fully loaded LeBaron than a fully loaded Custom.

By '59 Leather / Leather~Cloth / or Cloth interior were available in any
model except the convertible which only came with leather due to the risk of
weather exposure.  I would be very surprised if this wasn't the same for
'57.  I know I have seen several '57 Crowns with cloth inside that were
supposed to be original.

The LeBaron had the smaller rear window in some years and additional chrome
in other years.  Really there wasn't a whole bunch of difference between the
car levels.

            Steve B.