From: Dave [mailto:Wilkerbeast01@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:46 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: how come?

The headlights were due to a change, or anticipated change to the laws. Up till 1957, the cars in most states could only have 2 headlights. But the laws changed in '57, and some states were allowed 4 headlights. The manufacturers anticipated this, and some cars were designed in '57 with 4 headlight capabilities. Eldorados and big Lincolns had the same deal.

David C. Wilker Jr.
United States Air Force, Retired