Re: IML: New York Parade Phaeton, Brakes, Service Info galore on club we

Re: IML: New York Parade Phaeton, Brakes, Service Info galore on club website

There is a fellow named Peter S. that is associated
with the NYC car.  Not certain of his official
relationship to the car (poor memory again), but he's
well aware of the OIC, seems to be in the know, and
sends a note to the website now and again updating us
on the car's progress/changes/appearances.

For those that don't know these cars, here is a link
to what we have on them:
http://imperialclub.com/Rare/Phaetons/1950s/index.htm

If there is something in particular that needs
addressing on the car, the club website is overflowing
with technical information, both from previous IML
messages and printed factory literature that is always
accessible and intelligently laid out.

When you say "they are looking for brake repair info",
the statement raises the following questions:

Who is looking? (the folks tasked to work on it in the
city's DPW garage?  Someone else?  Message does not
line up precisely as written, so I'm asking but it
doesn't really matter)

and:

What information are they looking for?

-----

I don't know if the cars are on their original 1952
brakes or an updated 1956 design, but the two places
to go for really great info would be the FSM and MTSC
books.

The 1952 FSM is in progress and not posted yet, but
the 1954 and a partial 1956 are up.  I can help
off-list with a scanned, unformatted copy of the
BRAKES section out of the 1952 FSM if needed.

Also, you can get about 50% or more of the required
info on most topics from the MTSC booklets, and that
could be just what a mechanic with modern car
experience might need to see his/her way through a
redo of an older system design.

If you are ever faced with an area of the car that's
new to you (dysfunctional 1968 transmissions come to
mind), you could do well to open up one of these
booklets and read them.  They will tell you a wealth
of detailed information that is written more plainly
and more simply laid out than what is often found in
the dense FSM's, and sometimes they even beat what can
be gained from asking the IML.

If you, dear reader, have not looked at these, please
take a moment to do so - they are really well written,
and some of the early ones have really way-out,
hysterically funny non-P.C. illustrations that really
make great points.

Go to www.imperialclub.com --> LITERATURE -->  REPAIR
LITERATURE  -->  MASTER TECHNICIANS SERVICE CONFERENCE
and away you go.
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/index.htm

Historical Background:
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/history.htm