RE: IML: Starter/flywheel again

When this happens either the starter needs to be replaced, or teeth have been sheered from the flywheel. The first time the car does this, it usually can be corrected by replacing the starter. By not fixing it right away, teeth can be sheered off the flywheel due to misaligned and/or delayed engagement by the starter.

This is the first time through this posting string that I have noticed that this had been an ongoing problem. The lesson here would be that problems like this seldom/never "fix themselves" and often result in added failures.

You should remove the inspection cover (while you are down there removing the starter) and take a look at the flywheel. I think that if it is damaged, it will be obvious.

Paul W.