Re: IML: So? Anyone know where to find a starter?

Re: IML: So? Anyone know where to find a starter?

Ahh, good point, Dave, I had forgotten to mention that.

I did, in fact, inspect the ring gear.  There wasn't so much as a nick in the teeth that I could see.

Then, I seemed to remember, that when the transmission was rebuilt they told me they replaced that.

Thanks!

--
Joe
Allen, Texas

Even if you don't need a starter rebuild, do you want to go through all that again? Think of it as prventative maintenance, sort of like replacing the throwout bearing or transmission front seal. As long as it is open and there, do it. By the way, did you examine the ring gear on the torque coverter for busted or missing teeth?

            With enough patience,
            you can milk a porcupine

            David C. Wilker Jr.
            USAF (RET)