IML: Trip to Wildcat Wrecking

Last Saturday, I had the pleasure of meeting Michael Howlett and family at his home in the not so aptly named Boring, Oregon. Boring may be small, but houses a fine '58 coupe of Mike's. Maybe he's on a one man mission to boost the town's excitement? I think there is still a front clip from a '60 Imperial at a wrecking yard there, too. What's so boring with Boring? They even top off your coffee cup there, too. Thanks, Mike!

With coffees in hand, we drove my newly acquired '64 Crown Coupe (WW paint, M8N black bedford cord w/white leather, wish I could find a picture of this as mine was redone in non orig material, AutoPilot, front a/c, tint, AM radio, and Adjustable Steering Column) up to scenic Wildcat Wrecking http://www.wildcatmopars.com/ in Sandy, Oregon. There, we found some rare finds, chiefly another Imperial owner. He had been to the Imperialclub website only a few times and was surprized of the following the cars had amongst our mailing list.
We fullfilled the purpose of the trip and found our AutoPilot cables, Barracuda deck hinge covers, and even the Neutral button with one-year-only holding peg that interlocks to the new for '63 park lever and frequently breaks with the inexperienced. Yes, this is why I needed one.
I regret to say that I tempted Mike with purchase of said Crown Coupe as I'm a little too well equipped with fine Chrysler products in my driveway at present, but at the end I expressed my pre-sold sellers remorse settling in and being the gent Mike is, agreed to be the first I call if I should have the unlikely notion again.
The trip to Wildcat is an enjoyable drive from Portland and a recommended stop if in the area.

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door
'64 Crown Coupe