IML: LeBaron Vinyl Tops

With all the LeBaron vinyl top talk, I have to ask, has anyone pulled the
vinyl top off a '67 or '68 LeBaron?  Does it use a fiberglass filler panel
like the '69-up cars (and '70-71 SE Challengers), or is there steel around
the glass?

I've been considering deleting the vinyl top from mine.  It's not in bad
shape, but it's buckling around the C-pillars.  And if I'm going to paint
the car this year, I'd prefer peeling the top off and cleaning up the metal
under there before it gets paint.  I'd prefer to paint the top when I'm
done, but if it isn't metal around the rear window, it will stay vinyl.

Rob McCall
'67 LeBaron (not getting as much attention as it needs right now)