Re: IML: 2 issues to deal with on 66 Imp

Re: IML: 2 issues to deal with on 66 Imp

Based on your post, it sounds like your car is running lean. If the things that you said have been done, I think that the most likely culprit is a vacuum leak.

Ignition and carburation problems mimic each other so there are many other things that could be wrong. Have you checked your timing? It could be retarded. Do you know if the timing chain is within spec? A loose timing chain can cause these symptoms, and also could be ready to fail. You can check this by watching the rotor while you turn the engine. It should move in synch and quickly. Delay in movement usually means a stretched chain or sloppy gears/broken teeth.

I have had similar door problems, but won't tell you how I got them opened. My trouble was with back doors that hadn't been operated in years. In one case, I broke an exterior door handle. In the other I smashed an interior door panel with my boot. I repaired the damage in both cases, but I think someone else may have a "better idea".

Good luck!

Paul W.