Re: IML: Washington Laws/Broadway Title Co.

Re: IML: Washington Laws/Broadway Title Co.

I am in Washington also. There is a form provided by the state that will allow you to have immediate title, but it MUST be signed and notarized by either the last legal owner, or the next surviving heir, if the person is dead.

In my case I met with the heir, but she wouldn't sign it, who knows why. Finally, the local DMV intervened and let her know if I drove it and damaged property, she would be potentially liable. She signed it that day.

I wasn't going to spend a dime on the car until I had title. If I had to wait three years, I would have parted the car out.

Paul W.