IML: Where To Buy KYB

I got mine from a local parts house called Baxter Auto Parts, here in Portland, Oregon. They were about $30 a pop, it seems that most all KYB's are about $30 a piece. If you call around to some local parts houses in your area, one or more should be on the retailer's list. You could call KYB back and ask who their distributors are, then call the wholesalers to see which retailers are in your area. Also, you might try some of the suspension parts sellers on the Imperial website's parts listings at http://www.imperialclub.com/Part/Suspension/Resources.htm

Eric
Portland, Oregon
Thanks to Larry, Steve B,Elijah,Dupont & Eric about all the info in trying to find shocks for my : 61 " Imp. So... I called the # of KYB on the IMP> repair page and was told that they were the mfgs. not the retailers. Asked for a retailer near me, which was Fresno Decker Auto. Called & they informed me that I would have to make the trip to Fresno [60 mi.one way approx ], as they did not take any credit cards, only CASH if your out of town, plus they would rather not take check either. I have never purchased anything in my life that was so hard to buy or had to drive 150 miles for a new product from a known company.If it weren't for all the good responses I read from you folks I would have bought them at the local Kragens or whatever. I couldn't find a # that some of you people had for KYB. In conclusion, I guess thats what I'll have to do. Hope all interested in buying have a better time of it than I. JOHNL