Re: IML: Windshield Washer Bag 1960?

1960 isn't suppose to have a washer bag, but rather a bottle that is part of the "Coordinated Automatic Washer System". I have always thought that this sytem was 1960 only, and that '61 was the first year for a simple bag and electric motor arrangement. I know that this automatic sytem was not used in 1962.

The fancy 1960 system was vacuum powered and also automatically activated the wipers. Later systems just sprayed the window and the driver turned on the wipers.

Of course I could be all wrong! It has been many years since I used any of the Imperials regularly enough to activate the windshield washers. If so, PLEASE correct me on this. Thanks!

Paul W.