RE: IML: 1990 Imperial starting problem

Does the car have a factory alarm in addition to the Viper one?  The factory
one has an alarm set light on the lower left corner of the instrument panel.

The rest of this post is what I know about the factory system and may or may
not pertain to the aftermarket Viper system.

If the battery goes dead the factory alarm must be reset by unlocking one of
the front doors with the key or the lights flash and the car won't start.
Over time, the sensor that knows a key has unlocked the door can wear out.
You might try locking and unlocking the passenger door with the key.  The
factory alarm was set whenever the doors were locked with the power lock
button and the key was out of the ignition like when you exit the car.

I assume your aftermarket system has sensors to monitor door, hood and trunk
openings like the factory system.  One of them could be bad and the alarm
thinks the car has been broken into.  I'd also guess there's a way besides
the remote to deactivate the alarm, but that's just a guess.  In 90, the
factory alarm had no remote to unlock it.

Mark
90 Imperial