Sent: Saturday, May 21, 2005 10:51 AM
Subject: IML: Compilemts for the 58, rebukes for others.

Ahh, Mr. Stephenson, owner of an 80's Imperial, fan of the 58, complimenter of the 56 and the 64.
A man after my own heart, not afraid to say his piece and rattle a few cages. But lo! What is this? he is quitting due to the sensitivities of others? Surely he jests.

I wrote a piece, minus any deep knowledge about design vocabulary, about how to tell the 57, 58 and 59 apart. I personally don't care for the 59, except its fabulous rear bumper, but think the 60 and the 61 are rather fabulous, and my opinion stinks just as much as the next person's, thank you very much.

The changes over the three years are there to be seen and cataloged. I'm not sure how well the 59 sold, decently I dare say, but sales of the 58 were way down from the previous year, for reasons we also like to thrash out around here.

So we are an open forum after all and you might expect a mild rebuke or two if you dismiss other peoples favorites or try to claim your own subjective opinion as being superior to others. No need to take your toys and go home. Kindness to those with whom you disagree and a healthy skepticism of your own prejudices will serve you well around here, Mr. Stephenson, but I for one see no reason to split over so small a difference.

Hugh
58 Owner