Re: IML: Batteries

>From: "jsadowski" <jsadowski@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: IML: Battery Shopping
>
>I'm just curious when the time comes
>that you need a new battery for your
>Imperial how you decide which one to
>buy. For example, you go to Sears &
>you see all sorts of price ranges &
>sizes of batteries on the shelf.
 >       You tell the clerk what year
>Imperial its for & they look it up. You
>think they are going over to the largest
>battery they have. Probably not.
>The one they usually want to sell you
>looks like it was made for a small car
>with no power accessories. Do you go
>with this, or simply state you want the
>largest battery with top posts that they
>make?
>John

   I go to my long-time mechanic, and he puts a great honking Interstate
MegaTron in it. Usually winds up being an 850cca unit, but sometimes it's a
940cca (I think). I never have any trouble with them. I used to use great
big Die-Hards, but I've found they're fragile - once they get drained flat a
couple times, they're all done.
   -Kle
   '69 Crown 4DHT