Re: IML: 1967 Imperial by Stageway?

Actually, the Stageway cars had the LeBaron rear window but the framed doors
of the base Sedan model. Remember, in 1967-68, the Sedan and the LeBaron
used the same roof stamping, which was 1" taller than the Crown hardtops.
(They shared the windshield too.)

This certainly looks like the Theodorou conversion, with the super-small
backlight (much smaller than a stock LeBaron rear window) and the partial
vinyl top. The moonroof would likely have been added in the 1970s, however,
though at least it lines up with the doors.

Both the Theodorou and Stageways seemed to start with the Sedan body and
then add LeBaron interior trim, and this one even has a base Sedan VIN
(YM41) to prove it. Perhaps because the Stageways were more officially
Chrysler-sanctioned, they have LeBaron VINs (YH43, according to Mopar
decoding guru Galen Govier), which is really weird considering "43" meant a
4-door hardtop and these were clearly not hardtops!

Would love to know more about this car. It's in LA. I'm in LA. Seems like I
need to explore. Will keep ya posted.
--
Chris in LA
67 Crown