Re: IML: 1955 PS booster/master cylinder rebuild

Re: IML: 1955 PS booster/master cylinder rebuild

Bad advice there - I scanned that and my head
registered "Brake Booster".

That price sounds ballpark.

Be careful about letting them "stiffen" up the box.  I
tried an Imp with a stiffer box and it wasn't my cup
of tea.

--- Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Try Karps in California (listed on club website).  I
> think tat their price starts with a 3, but could be
> wrong.
>
> You might want to disassemble what you have and
> clean
> it out first - what do you have to lose?  It might
> not
> be anything more than you and some steel wool for an
> hour.  There are a couple of seals in there that can
> go, but it's not always that...My 1960 wasn't such a
> big deal after all.  There are complete diagrams and
> instructions on the club website....
>

> -K
>
> --- DONALDDICKINSOND@xxxxxx wrote:
> > Has anyone had experience with White Post
> > Restoration.  They will rebuild PS
> > booster and master cylinder on my 1955 for $445.
> > Pricey but they are supposed
> > to be a good shop. Comments....
> >

> > Don Dickinson
> > Prospect, KY