Re: IML: ?Idler Arm, Fan Shroud Questions...

Re: IML: ?Idler Arm, Fan Shroud Questions...

If I were to rebuild the idler arm, would the alignment need to be redone?  I just had it done.  Was it for naught?

All the cooling parts are new, except of course for the radiator which was rebuilt and recored.  I wonder if I got screwed?

Thanx for your help...

Kenyon Wills <imperialist1960@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>--- commenace@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I built the
>> engine with the best possible cooling components, I
>> don't think it's any of those parts. ?My question
>> is: would a fan shroud make that much of a
>> difference? ?Would it cool the engine considerably?
>> Or should I buy an electric fan to help out? ?Any
>> suggestions as to which one? ?
>
>You're saying here that >all< cooling parts are new?
>
>The symptoms that you describe indicate that plugged
>or malfunctioning parts could be the problem. ?Those
>symptoms match the plugged radiator on my 1973. ?New
>radiator and the problem disappeared. ?Don't skip the
>gauge or sending unit either.
>
>Fan shroud will definitely make a difference, but will
>not be THE difference, most likely.

>Idler arm should flop about easily. ?Ask your parts
>man for a busing rebuild kit if you have not done that already.
>
>Kenyon Wills

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.