Re: IML: colors & upholstery '57-'60

well I ran into something I thought I should mention, about my seats today. THERE ALL VINYL! , thats right no leather at all, I first "assumed" that they were made out of leather partly because they are not faded and when so dirty they did look as if it was leather, I started to clean a small area on the right front seat, and after a few seconds I could tell that it looked more like the type of vinyl thats used on my truck seats, I then looked at one of the tears in the drivers side seat and pealed back a small piece and could see the vinyl backing or webbing , and this confirmed that it was vinyl.
after that I just dropped everything and started to down a few beers and kept thinking about what I was going to do about it,
I don't have a clue as what I should do just yet but I am asking for some input as to what Is the right thing to do.
also the backs of the seats have a black carpet material on it, looks different than the floor carpet,I'm not sure why.
I have the build sheet for the imperial, it is also in bad condition, but if someone wants to take a crack at it , I can post it on-line,
also I found the camera and should have the picks post as well. they are of the car before I bought it, and if anyone See's anything on the car that IS NOT CORRECT. please let me know, as I am thinking now that part of the interior is not correct after all. now that I have found my camera I will be taking more recent photoes of my car .
 ,I will try to get a rub of the body tag latter today,
and I'm greatfull for everyones help , as beautiful as the 59 imperial is to me, I really want to do the car justice and restore it the right way,  and with all the help I'm getting from this list, sure does make it easer on me.

Neal Herman <chrycordoba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Most manufacturers, Mopar included, would carry popular colors from one year to the next, dropping those that didn't sell and replacing them with new hues.  They also might use the same color but change the name, or have different names for the same color but on different model lines - Dodge calling it one name; Chrysler & Imperial another.  Look on the IML year-by-year section and compare the various years, looking also at the paint codes.  I think upholstery was more likely to NOT carry over year to year.  The '60 material is quite different than the '59.  As I mentioned, I have the '59 upholstery book.  Perhaps someone out there on the IML has the '58 and/or '60 book.

Neal Herman
1959 Imperial Crown
1988 Imperial Crown
et al.