Re: IML: IML DIGEST

  But if gas gets much more pricey, those 600
mile trips will be a memory.

So what can we do?  Could alternative fuels somehow
power an Imperial?  Or could modifications provide the
Imperial with better gas mileage?
For those of you in the US who use your Imperials on a regular basis, and assuming high gas prices are here to stay, there is always the option I have had to adopt to keep both my LeBaron and my Eldorado on the road in the UK.. Propane. I have always maintained that it was not economically viable to convert to a dual fuel system as long as gasoline was cheap but at $2.30 a gallon, those of you who do not mind a few modifications and have a reasonable mechanical ability might find it worth your while to look at this solution.

That is assuming that propane is still significantly cheaper than gasoline in the US.

At present it costs me about the same to fill my '61 LeBaron on propane as my wife's Honda Civic on Gasoline.

Over here it is the 300% fuel tax that hits us the hardest. I regard using my two gas guzzlers on a daily basis as my personal one-fingered salute to the UK government and their determination to drive us off the road and force us to use public transport instead.

I did a recent interview for Fox TV News on the subject. Maybe some of you will see it. Sorry, no pics of the LeBaron but some good shots of the Eldo.

Best wishes,

Tony V