IML: News Flash for 1962 and Automatic Transmission-Equipped Imperial Ow

IML: News Flash for 1962 and Automatic Transmission-Equipped Imperial Owners

http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1962/62FSM/_01.htm

Mark Evans just completed the 1962 Field Service
Manual and posted it to the website.  This manual
contains almost every piece of info you'll need to
repair your car (if it's a 1962 Imperial).

We have many other years available as well:
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/index.htm

The Service Manual takes some knowledge for granted.
There were monthly training sessions that covered a
narrow topic that were shown to the dealership service
crew with a short test given shortly thereafter.

These were known as the Master Technicians Service
Conference (MTSC).  They are a fascinating read, and
attempt to explain and educate the fundamental
principals behind how things work on a basic level,
and not just what to do to fix them.  Whether you are
not mechanical or a real whiz, there are many things
to be learned here, such as "how does the engine keep
running when the car is stopped and the automatic
transmission is still engaged in DRIVE?

If you can't explain that to yourself, take a look
here:

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/049/index.htm
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Films/3-1/page.php

The rest of the booklets are listed here, with BLUE
ones being the ones that our club volunteers have
already done.  Black ones are still in process.

http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/index.htm

Enjoy!