Re: FW: IML: Hayes Bodied Coupes - And it's a New Yorker

Re: FW: IML: Hayes Bodied Coupes - And it's a New Yorker

Bill:

I, too, suspected the car was a New Yorker. However, it is possible the car was built the way we see it today. There are 2 42 Chrysler 8 cylinder coupes  in Arizona. One is a Saratoga with serial numbers of a Saratoga and the second one is a Saratoga numbered car with all New Yorker nameplates.  I am also aware of other cars built this way too... How about duplicate serial numbered cars built at the Lynch Road Plant in the 60s.

By the body number I would think the body numbers started at 101 for the Hayes Coupes. Chrysler did not build anything to my knowledge with number 1 or 001 or the like.

Nevertheless, the car should be restored as an Imperial.

Sherwood Kahlenberg