Re: FW: IML: Hayes Bodied Coupes - And it's a New Yorker

Re: FW: IML: Hayes Bodied Coupes - And it's a New Yorker

When Chrysler first introduced their 1939 models, the eight-cylinder models
were all referred to as Imperial.  But within a couple of months advertising
copy began to refer to the eights simply as Imperial, New Yorker and
Saratoga.  The Royal Windsor name remained through the model year, though.
I have a copy of the Chrysler Parts List - 1939 Model Series, printed April
5, 1939, and it lists the series as Imperial, Saratoga and New Yorker.

And all published model / prices listings of the era show the cars to be
Imperial, New Yorker and Saratoga - but the Windsor still listed as the
Royal Windsor.  So it seems Chrysler decided to simplify matters after the
cars were introduced.  It definitely would have made it easier for the
public to identify each series with the simpler names.

The seller has now listed the car's serial number : 6 612 641.   The serial
number spans for the 1939 eights :

Imperial :  6 742 201 to 6 750 055
New Yorker : 6 609 901 to 6 613 333
Saratoga : 6 672 701 to 6 673 414