Re: IML: 58 2 door on ebay

That seems like a pretty nice car. If the interior doesn't turn out to be a rag, it will probably sell at the "Buy it Now" price very quickly.

For it to only have 34,000 miles, it would have only been driven about 700 miles a year. To me, although possible, that doesn't seem likely. If it has 134,000 miles on it, that means that it would have been driven about 2,800 miles a year which still is very little, but more realistic, especially since it says that the seats are worn out. I would also wonder why an owner would have bothered to put 15 inch wheels on it (notice the later model wheel covers) unless it had been driven more than they seem to believe.

Anything is possible, and low miles doesn't always mean "cherry".

In 1973 I knew an elderly woman who drove the most beat up '56 Buick Roadmaster that I had ever seen, yet it only had 15,000 original miles on it. The exterior was shot because she NEVER washed it. The interior was shot because she left her dog in it all the time when she went out. She really did only drive about 800 miles a year. She was a baby sitter (by profession) in a very small town. She usually drove about 3 or 4 miles a day. As beat as it was, that car lasted for her until the day she passed away. I had a chance to speak to her about it once or twice. We got gas at the same station on Mercer Island when I was using the '56 Imperial as an everyday car. I remember that she was one of the few people at the time that still knew what a '56 Imperial was.

Paul