IML: Budd Brakes, again

   The other day I blew a flexi-line on my front brakes, and took my car in
to get it fixed. The line(s) were no problem at all, but my brake pads were
getting thin, so we tried to find them - no joy. I finally got some from
(sigh) Ebay / Mitchell.

   I would like to advise folks that the D 10 pads now seem to be the major
chokepoint on keeping Budd discs in service - if you have a Budd equipped
Imperial that you intend to drive significantly, I'd get some spare pads
while you still can. Rotors last a good while, and there's always the Supra
conversion. Calipers seem to be readily available. The pads wear relatively
quickly, and I couldn't find any source other than limited NOS supplies.

   Now for my questions:
   Could somebody who's done the '70-'73 Bendix conversion carefully list
what is required, what can be bought new, and what has to come from salvage?
I'm no expert on this sort of stuff, so don't assume I'll understand
anything non-specific. I've looked through the explanations on the website,
and found them sort of confusing.
   Though I'd kinda like to keep the Budd system on the car, it's beginning
to look like that might be impossible in the long term, and I want to be
prepared.

   Does anybody know a good place for getting brake pads re-lined,
preferrably in New England? This seems like it might be the only route to
keeping the Budd brakes on the car.

   Is there a good source for the D 10 pads I'm just missing? Raybestos no
longer lists them, NAPA / Parts America / Autozone all list the D 85
instead, I can't even buy calipers 'loaded'.

  Thanks for any and all help.
    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT