IML: re 62 red Imp conv seen in Arizona

Stephen;
"Cubically challenged" is just a cute way of saying that the car I saw was fitted with a smaller (361 cid) engine than it came with from the factory (413 cid).  The 361 B block is not a bad engine, but it in standard form puts out a good deal less torque and horsepower than the 413 RB (raised B block).  I wouldn't pay full asking for a car with that wrong an engine.  It actually might drive OK with the 361 in parade and around town cruising, but wouldn't get up and go on the highway as well as the 413.  I'd be a lot less bothered by a 413 of the wrong year or even a 440 than the 361.
The selling price should reflect the shortcut taken of replacing the engine with a much smaller one.
Cheers,
Roger
'62 Crown 2dr Southampton