IML: steering stuff

Excuse me if this is out of place or Im wrong..but dont most if not all steering wheels have a master spline that corresponds to a like spline on the steering wheel shaft so they only go on one way? Seems that my Imperial, Charger, Barracuda, and most every other car Ive ever owned was that way. I wont argue the point of getting the basic alignments down before getting the car to a front end shop, but as I recall the various shafts all have a master spline, including the pitman arm .

On the subject of steering hoses....any competent hose shop should be able to make them, its just inverted flare fittings on the high pressure hose and they can usually re use the orifice in the center of the old hose. If they cant, find a different shop. Look in the archives, its been discussed several times before and I know that Dick Benjamin among others has made this same suggestion before.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe