Sent: Friday, December 10, 2004 5:40 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: American Clueless Insurance

Dear Clueless Insurance,
I hate to tell you this but these insurance companies
are far from clueless.  Last year my 55 imperial
substained damage from a car wash (paint).  I have yet
to date had satisfaction from them.  The first thing
they did was hire a independent insurance appraiser to
look at my car.  He sent them an appraisal of the
value of the car.  He also sent them an appraisal of
the the repaint.  I have been to 10 body shops in town
and they all want double the amount he appraised it
for.  Then to top it off he said the paint was at 50%
of it's life and cut the award in half.  So don't ever
think the insurance company is clueless.  They played
the same game with me.  The only money payed so far is
to the independent agent.  I'm sure he is happy.
Myself, I am stuck with damage to my car and trying to
finagle a law suite that will cost as much the repair.
 Montana is a state that the insurance companies have
by the throat.  When you mention fairness and
insurance in the same sentence, it usually means that
someone has been hosed.
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa

=====
RC Billings, Montanaaaaaa