IML: power seat woes on D^2's 68

> Since we are in the subject, the passenger side 6
> way seat is not working.  It
> used to work here and there, now its not.  You can
> hear the solinoids sticking,
> but its not moving.  My guess something is stuck but

Could be the motors are tired and worn out, or could
be the grease around them congealed and does not allow
them to work.  Can you hear just the clicking of the
solonoids?  On my 67, the solonoids wouldn't click but
the motors would turn- it was the grease problem, and
oh by the way it was 20 degrees outside.  The seats
worked again once the inside of the car was warmed for
a bit.

You might also have a loose wire or crappy connection.

Like anything else on the car, using it infrequently
will cause it to stop working properly.  Of course,
too much use will wear it out!  Catch my 22?

=====
--Mike Pittinaro

Beautiful Boxcar
American Grandeur and