IML: VIN Decoding Question

Good morning everyone:

In decoding the VIN for my 61 Crown, I know that the last six digits represents the sequential build number.  For example, 110500 would represent the then thousand, five hundredth car built that year.

My question is this:  does that represent the ten thousand, five hundredth "model/body style" (Crown 4DHT, LeBaron, etc.), the ten thousand, five hundredth "Imperial" built that year, the ten thousand, five hundredth "Chrysler" built that year, or does it represent the ten thousand, five hundredth "car" built at that plant that year?

Not an earth shattering question but I missed the Imperial Chat last night and was just wondering....

Thanks,

Joe
'61 Crown