Re: IML: '63 Le Baron vs American Family Insurance

Re: IML: '63 Le Baron vs American Family Insurance

>From: FltSgt@xxxxxxx
>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:37:50 EST
>Hola
>
>On Monday morning the kid up the street who has been one of the fastest
>vehicles on the street failed to slow down after it had snowed.  Due to the
speed
>he lost control of the '89 Jeep and from 55 paces away he started a hard
slide
>into our '63 Le Baron, backwards.  When I asked what happened ( duhhh ) he
>stated that he was only going  10, maybe 15 mph.  ( At such a slow speed
this was
>able to knock the Le Baron over six feet backward into the neighbors parked
>'78 F150 long bed.  The 'Le Baron-F 150 package then went another foot
before
>stopping. )
>
>Yesterday ( 30 Nov '04 ) when the American Family Insurance rep called it
was
>in her second paragraph that she used the words of "just total the car
out".
>When I told her that was not going to happen, she then said they would send
>out a person to "take a look at the damage".

   Best of luck to you.
   This is reason number one million that I hate insurance companies - your
rare, irreplaceable car gets damaged by someone, and their insurance won't
pay to fix it, instead giving you a couple hundred bucks for 'book value'
unless you have a good lawyer. Meanwhile, they'll pay out a zillion bucks
for essentially cosmetic damage to some new car. Around here, the government
has entered into a sleazy protection racket with these jerks, requiring
vehicle operators to carry insurance. I've lost an Imperial before to an
uninsured, unemployed motorist, and though the memory still pains me I'd
rather risk that than give my money to thieves.
   Sorry, rant over.
   I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

   -Kle.
   '69 Crown 4DHT

   P.S. I know Insurance people aren't all bad, and I'm being unfair. The
bad ones just burn me up.