From: FltSgt@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:37:50 EST
Subject: IML: '63 Le Baron vs American Family Insurance
Hola

On Monday morning the kid up the street who has been one of the fastest
vehicles on the street failed to slow down after it had snowed. Due to the speed
he lost control of the '89 Jeep and from 55 paces away he started a hard slide
into our '63 Le Baron, backwards. When I asked what happened ( duhhh ) he
stated that he was only going 10, maybe 15 mph. ( At such a slow speed this was
able to knock the Le Baron over six feet backward into the neighbors parked
'78 F150 long bed. The 'Le Baron-F 150 package then went another foot before
stopping. )

Yesterday ( 30 Nov '04 ) when the American Family Insurance rep called it was
in her second paragraph that she used the words of "just total the car out".
When I told her that was not going to happen, she then said they would send
out a person to "take a look at the damage".

Today this guy calls and didn't have a clue of what it was that he was to
come and look at. But he did use the same " total it out phrase". ( It must be a
cheap way for the insurance company to get out of paying for speedy up the
street. ) After some time clueless calls back and wants to know which engine
did I have in the car. " ... a 413, which was the only engine for the car" I
replied. Clueless then said, " ... and how many cylinders does this engine have
?" I started to laugh but since I was in the mountains the cell phone went
dead.

After a couple of minutes clueless calls back and wants to know why the door
panels are off. I had to let him know that I had taken them off for restro
reasons. This time he wanted to know if there was a place for parts for the
car. I told him about the Neb and Calif connections. Then clueless asked for
their numbers. He said that he would get back to me when he found out the value
of a '63 Le Baron.

I'm so glad that I went in the house and took pictures while the skid marks
were fresh on the snow.

I told the local NAPA what had happened and they called my Gla Blue Le Baron
"...a cream puff". I liked that. They also said they would gladly print out
every item that I have purchased whenever I thought the car needed that part.