IML: Unfortunate Events, Not Just the Movie

IML: Unfortunate Events, Not Just the Movie

Kenyon and all,
I've found the achived info about the use of some 4 door Imperials and I stand corrected that this is not a Ghia Limo in the Lemony-Unfortunate Events movie. Upon a more careful comparison, some inconsistancies show this.

The car on the tracks wears the 1960 style Imperial script on the front fenders, where all the picutures of the actual Ghia limos show the '61-3 style of script on the 1960 body cars.

In the movie trailer, there is a scene thru the windshield, from the outside looking in. If one looks scantly, the rear compartment has the distinct characteristics of that of the Ghia limo, not a standard sedan. This would include the full width at the upper half of the seat back, the style of the rear seat armrest, and the interior dome lamps in the C panels.

In our website, it mentions that there is only one 'fully blanked out rear compartment' '60 Ghia limo made, that being the Rockefeller car. http://www.imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/Limo/index.htm
This limo has a more oval rear backlight than the LeBaron style on the 'regular' Ghia limos. The car in the movie has this full blanked rear compartment but the interior shot mentioned above shows the more squared off, LeBaron style, rear backlight.

If you look closely, though, the interior shot in the movie's car shows a different headlining in the rear compartment when compared to the headlining of the Rockefeller car. It looks cobbled together as in a mock-up buck used for filming instead of a real car. As well, the rear side panel for the arm rests do not show the wood trim of the original limo, and the dome lights don't look quite right.

Ahhh, the mysteries and illusions of Hollywood.

As the subject line reads, I'm airing a couple other Unfortunate Events of my own doing.
Larry- 4 days ago, I made a claim that turns out to be not yet fully substantiated. I mentioned the KYB shock fitment for a '60 Imperial should be a KG4507. This part number is not confirmed, you should check the actual extended and compressed measurements for your car and note the type of upper and lower mounts and give this to the KYB rep for a confirmed part #.
***The fitment for your car should be KG4507 for the fronts.***

Lastly, a year or two ago, I made a rash statement that Jay Leno had 2000 cars. I was only 90% off. Recently, I've been corrected in that Leno is to have only 200 cars, one of which is a beautiful '56 Imperial coupe. My first figure was due to a faulty memory from a news piece on TV. The second figure comes from another TV mention of this, its accuracy may be of questionable accuracy, as well.

Yeesh, I need a fact nanny. So thats my year's worth of confessions. I always welcome corrections, thanks to those who set the facts straight for me.

Take With A Grain Of Salt Eric
Portland, Oregon