From: "Hailey (Morgan) Moore" <materialgurl@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Nov 23, 2004 11:06 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: 67 and 68 Brakes

Hi People

I can relate to this a bit. Someone put a new set of Budd rotors and
calipers on my 68 Convertible
in the 80s. The rotors are in perfect shape because the car was not
driven after they were installed, but one of my front calipers is
leaking a bit lately, and I am seriously considering swapping out the
whole front sub frame for one from a 1977 New Yorker my friend junked
this summer. I would also swap to the rear end from the New Yorker,
which would give me the same bolt pattern as a lot of other Chryslers,
and would make it much easyer to get parts. Personaly I don't value
originalty anywhere near as much as I value easily obtainable parts.
That is one of the reasons I love Imperials, because they are special,
but parts are generaly cheap and easy to get because they share a lot
of parts with other Chrysler cars.

Does anyone know if the front splndles from a 77 New Yorker would bolt
in place of the ones on the Imperial?

-Hailey