Re: IML: Imperial speed trials

The high speed in and of itself is not so frightening to me. Rather the unknown problems with my car that I don't wish to discover at a high rate of speed! I've only had the car for about 6 weeks or so and have not gone through all the little detail as yet. I will confess (though not in a court of law) of getting her up over 90. Need to correct steering problem before I do that again!    alex

Klebert L. Hall wrote:
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 20:24:27 -0600
From: Alex Ferch <alxf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: IML: Tune Up Edelbrock v. AFB

I must be a huge sissy! I don't even like
the thought of 103 in my 63 Imp let alone 143! Time to take my courage
pills I suppose...........alex

    Nah, not a huge sissy; if you don't like high speeds, don't do them.
Probably not a good idea to go faster than you're comfortable.

    That being said, I went all the way across the midwest at about 115 in
my '62 back in 1989, and it was beautifully stable and controllable. I never
got to see just how fast it would go, because the speedo would make this
horrible ratcheting sound whenever I pinned it at 120 and then get stuck
there until I slowed _way_ down. I haven't had my '69 faster than about 95
yet, but it isn't in nearly as good shape (yet, fingers crossed) as my '62
was.

    -Kle.
    '69 Crown 4DHT