Re: IML: Front brakes. 48 Imperial Crown

Re: IML: Front brakes. 48 Imperial Crown

jim, i have done many brake jobs on chryslers and dodges of the early fifties and have never had a problem removing the anchor bolts. i put them back with never-seize for the benefit of the next brake job. however, i was never able to figure out why these bolts are eccentric[ is that the right word?]. i always found that i could only get the drums to fit over the new shoes when the anchor bolts were adjusted to keep the shoes in on spot, and once the drum was installed you cannot make any other adjustments. it just seemed to me to be a useless feature. i know they serve some purpose but i am still in the dark as to what it is.  dennis